- LG Electronics U.S.
- Technology leader in consumer electronics and home appliances
- 478,000 social media reach
- 2.5X total media value
What they needed
- Fill product demo events with bloggers and influencers
- Generate buzz for product launch in U.S.
- Create burst of awareness
What they did
- Invited 30+ tech and lifestyle bloggers to Chicago and Boston
- Created exclusive product demo for bloggers
- Bloggers posted pictures and wrote stories about experience
What they accomplished
- Found bloggers in less than one week to attend demo events in major metropolitan cities
- Transportation, key messaging, and sponsored stories all coordinated by Cooperatize
- Engaging stories published around excitement for new LG OLED TVs
Cooperatize is a native advertising platform for sponsored content on thousands of publishers. Using the Cooperatize platform, brand managers can reach their target audience by finding relevant publishers, get sponsored posts written, and track the performance of their stories. All sponsored posts integrate the brands seamlessly and abide by all FTC guidelines.
For more information, visit http://www.cooperatize.com
LG Builds Buzz With Bloggers
Bloggers invited to in-person product demos to learn about LG’s new LG OLED TVs
When you think of LG, you might think of an old flip phone you had in the early 2000s. In late 2014, LG introduced the most impressive TV to the market: the Smart 3D Curved OLED TV. To generate awareness to consumers, LG invited bloggers in major metropolitan cities such as New York City, Chicago, and Boston to experience the TV for themselves and to write about their experiences with the product.
"The feedback that we received from these bloggers is more than what we could ask for. This is a very cost-efficient way of marketing our new product. I would try this again and invite bloggers from a wider variety of verticals (i.e. sports bloggers) when we launch our new OLED model next spring.” – David VanderWaal, VP & Head of Marketing, LG Electronics U.S.
Sponsored Stories Spark Reader Engagement
Some stories received as many as 40 comments from the community. The results of the campaign show the power of influential bloggers:
- 30+ engaging stories
- 300,000 social media impressions (Twitter + Facebook)
- 7% click-through rate
- 20+ comments per story
Activating Influencers In Major Cities
LG needed to find bloggers to attend their product demonstration events in less than one week in cities like Chicago and Boston. They were utilizing traditional PR media lists but were simply running out of time. Through Cooperatize, LG was able to geo-target their campaign and invited 30+ bloggers whom were able to attend the in-person events in to see and experience the product first hand.
Entire Process is Streamlined and Standardized
LG did not have to reach out to bloggers individually to invite them to their events. Cooperatize handled everything from finding relevant geo-targeted bloggers to getting the stories published by the bloggers within a few days of attending the product events. LG could see the excitement from the stories the bloggers were writing. 30+ personal stories were written about the exciting product demo events and the product specifications of the OLED TVs all within 1-2 weeks.
OLED TVs get the personal touch with bloggers taking pictures and writing about their experiences